As part of the Tyre Mentorship Program community, we love to offer you special deals on the amazing things the people in our community are doing! Browse below to see what kinds of deals you can snag this quarter.Read More
Becoming a Better Investor in 2021
Thinking about expanding your investments and don't know where to start? Look no further! Read below for a layout that describes the steps you need to take to become a better investor in 2021.Read More
Looking for uplifting stories to create a good start to your week? You've come to the right place! Read below for stories from people who are doing the most good for the universe.Read More
11 Steps to Hiring a Good Salesperson in a Tight Job Market
Hiring a quality inbound sales person in 2021 is hard.Read More
Black Lives Matter to Me
I am super motivated to move from discussion to action to support racial justice and equality in the United States and throughout the world and use all of my resources to end systemic racism in my lifetime.
I am committed to the following actions and accept personal responsibility to make a difference locally, nationally and globally.
1. I will vote in all local, state and federal elections.2. I will continue to support People of Color through the Tyre Mentorship Program, which currently provides mentors to anyone over age 18 (over age 14 with parental permission) that would like a strong source of support in their life. https://www.dantyre.com/mentor-program
3. I will only speak at programs and events that feature women & People of Color on the agenda (live or virtual) and will offer to mentor, guide and coach anyone who would like to co-present with anyone who is interested in gaining speaking experience.
4. I support the OJPC project for prison reform. http://www.ohiojpc.org/stories/annual-report/
5. I will support Strategies for Youth to better support police understanding of underserved communities. https://strategiesforyouth.org/
6. I will continue to financially support New Pathways for Youth Arizona mentorship program to improve the lives of Black children in Arizona. https://npfy.org/
7. I will support SeedSpot.org entrepreneurial incubator for socially responsible start-ups with an emphasis on women and black entrepreneurs with my time and investment. https://seedspot.org/
8. I will support black entrepreneurs with capital and advice to scale (like my friend John B Johnson in Seattle) https://asmallstudio.com/journal/to-be-a-black-business-owner-in-america/
9. I will be active in the HubSpot People of Color at HubSpot Program
10. I will support black women entrepreneurs globally at https://www.kiva.org/
I will update my progress every year to ensure that I follow through with my commitments.Read More
How to Find a Job in 2022
I get asked 20X a week for employment help from people who are looking for a new job. Some are experienced job seekers, some are career changers, some are right out of high school or university, but they all have one thing in common. They are looking for my advice for how to find a paying job to further their career.
After helping hundreds of people over the years, I decided to publish an updated version of the 20 Steps to Find a Job in the 21st century. *One note, these guidelines may be slightly different in the new normal of 2022. I think the underlying concepts are sound and still work, but there are usually different ways to solve every problem.
This is also applicable if you are looking for a job at www.hubspot.com, the company that I have worked for since 2007. HubSpot is a great company because it hires great people, has a defined culture and is doing meaningful work to help people, managers, leaders and companies #growbetter and then scale better. It is very hard to get a job or internship at HubSpot (statistically harder than admission to MIT or Harvard), but it is possible and follows these general rules and guidelines.Read More
Scaling a business is hard. Over the years, I have helped hundreds of entrepreneurs all over the world grow their businesses. It has always been super fun, exciting & fascinating for me to see the innovative ideas that smart, motivated people work on to create employment and do good work.
Over that time, I have learned that every entrepreneur is a little bit different in their mission, vision and execution. There are certainly some common success attributes (hard work, good leadership skills, focusing on priorities), but the goal of a good start-up advisor is to help the entrepreneur achieve the goals they set out to achieve when they started the company.
To that end, we have been circulating this document since 2015. We call it 'How to Create a Successful Start Up in 2021' and it is designed for advisors to discover enough essential information to see if and how we can help companies scale.
If you want our help to scale your business, we will need you to answer these questions.
If you fill them out and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I will review and schedule time to review and see how we might be able to help.Read More
What are Dan Tyre Office Hours?
Q: What are Dan Tyre Office Hours?
A: Office Hours is an opportunity for people to connect with me for 25 or 50 minutes at a local restaurant or co-working space to talk through your personal or business challenges, "potholes", & priorities to get a new perspective, evaluate options and hopefully solve problems.Read More